Saturday, April 2, 2016

Welcome Teddy

Hi..Id like to introduce you to Teddy, newly adopted nine month-old dachshund poodle hybrid. My precious Marley went to the Rainbow Bridge January 21 in New Delhi, India after being with me for 12 years. He was 15. I adopted him in China at age three. He left a huge hole in my heart. I just moved back to FL to help care for my aging parents. It is a major adjustment, almost worse than cultural adjustments when I moved to China. I prayed for a dog that needed me. I began the search the very night arrived back in the USA. I looked on all the dachshund rescue sites and pages, Pet finder, and many others. I was looking for a mini dachshund so that he would not be too heavy for my parent's laps, or for them to pick up. I ruled out senior dogs and dogs with major health issues as emotionally, I am just not in a place to handle that.

I found Teddy on rescue me.org. A mix. Hmmmm. I fell in love with the scruffy face in his picture, but just wasn't sure about a dog already in his second home since the brewer's. He was in the first home for five months and the second only three. They could not keep up with his grooming needs, or the level of attention he required. They had three pit bulls as well. I drove about an hour away to meet him. He was very shy, but before we left he let me pet him. I gasped when I saw him. He is even cuter in person. As we had my dog nephews visiting me, I didn't bring him home. I looked at 100 more dogs, at least. Teddy had my heart. I couldn't wait to go get him. I made preparations ( like unpack a bazillion suitcases) and drove to get him on March 16. I am in love. He is just what I need.
 Teddy does enjoy his naps too.
Come read about our new journey together as we both make major adjustments. 
You can find me at Teddy's Blog.
WELCOME to Blogville Teddy!!

17 comments:

  1. Hi Teddy and Welcome to Blogville,xx Speedy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for introducing us to Teddy - we're coming right over.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    Oh yes, I met Teddy - I was an adorer of Marley and he will be missed - but he has sent this special little fella to keep his Lady company and I think he will be great fun! Hugs and wags, YAM-auntyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Teddy, welcome to Blogville :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Teddy! We are so glad that you found your forever home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are on our way over to say hi!! Welcome Teddy!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Teddy! Welcome to blogville :)

    xoxo,
    Matt & Matilda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Helloooooo Teddy an Welcome!
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're so glad you found Teddy. It is so hard to lose a beloved furry. It is also hard to make such an adjustment moving from one country to another. May you and Teddy have many years of good health and fun times together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hiya, Teddy! My name is Christmas, and I am a 2 year old Dachshund! Us Dachshies got to stick together, am I right? Welcome to Blogville!

    Your Dachshund friend,
    Christmas

    ReplyDelete